And now for something completely different…
Warm fuzzies sprouted out of blog land when, lo and behold, I learned my humble home here on WordPress was nominated for the Very Inspiring Blogger Award. Warm fuzzies and confusion. Inspiring? Me? Here? Really?
Nominated is a bit misleading as the word gives way to images of a celebrity standing at a podium with a sealed envelope. At least in my head anyway. But while there’s no drum roll or baited breath being held, who doesn’t like awards and something pretty to put up?
Many thanks to Luciana Cavallaro of Eternal Atlantis for the award! Please do visit her bloggy blog at http://luccav.com/ She is a writer who spins tales with powerful characters, including the Olympian gods themselves.
Rules: [Okay as a side note, I will not be following these rules exactly because doing step 4 as stated feels a little chain maily to me. That being said, there’s no threat of something dire happening if the rules aren’t followed so that eliminates enough of the chain mail vibe for me to loosely follow the others]:
- Link back to the person who nominated you: I did this already – but I’ll do it again because, Luciana, you’re that awesome. Except this time I’m linking to your books page because people should go there: http://luccav.com/books/
- Post the award image to your page. Done, just scroll up a bit.
- Tell 7 facts about yourself.
- I’m five-foot but sadly not bulletproof (though my driver’s license says I’m five-foot-one).
- My car radio is just as likely to jam out to Jeremy Camp and Jars of Clay as it is Pitbull or Linkin Park. When it’s indecisive, it chooses Skillet (never heard of ’em? Try this song “Awake and Alive”.)
- On the topic of music, my characters often come up with their own theme songs. I have no say in the matter and while it rarely affects the story they’re in, I end up thinking about them every time the song comes on. Sylvia’s is “Wide Awake” by Katy Perry.
- I have three wonderful cat daughters but will always be a dog person at heart (sorry lovies!).
- I generally hate to cook but am an avid fan of eating. Fortunately my husband both can and actually enjoys cooking – otherwise there would be a lot more fast food in our diet.
- I was born, raised, and still live in North Carolina. I’ve pretty much yoo-yooed my way from the middle (Pittsboro), to a little further north (Greensboro), to the upper northern part (Reidsville), shooting down to the southern end (Charlotte), and then plopping smack dab in the middle again (Raleigh).
- I actually get freaked out pretty easily when it comes to seeing zombies in movies or on TV (which is probably one reason Seth immediately became a friendly, fish-eating zombie when he hobbled into creation).
4. Nominate 15 other blogs. No. My Favorite Places in Blog Land on the side tab has a plethora of blogs worth a looksie and I would basically just end up re-posting most of them here.
Instead, I have another award, one I would like to give you dear readers. Many thanks again to everyone tagging along for the story!: